My Top 5 Unforgettable Destinations of 2015
First off, Happy New Year to you guys! I know I’ve neglected my blog for a few weeks now. I decided to step away from it for the holidays and spend some quality time with my family. But since it’s a new year, I think it’s time to get back to blogging. 2015 was quite memorable for me. My husband and I pretty much traveled all around the US, mostly going on road trips. This year, our goal is to travel more overseas with Iceland as our top priority to visit. But before I start making plans for this year, I want to share my top 5 unforgettable destinations of 2015.
5.) Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming (July, 2015)
- This is my favorite national park in the US. Granted, I have yet to visit most of them but Yellowstone will always have a special place in my heart. We visited for the second time earlier this year and it was just as breathtaking as our first visit. One of the highlights of this trip was when we saw two grizzly bears (on separate occasions) about 30 feet away from where we’re standing. One of my favorite things about Yellowstone is being able to see wildlife at almost every corner of the park. Bison sightings are common as there are thousands of them but bear sightings-let alone, grizzly bears, don’t occur that often. So imagine my excitement when I spotted two of them in one day.
4.) New Orleans, Louisiana (March, 2015)
- NOLA is one of the cities that I’ve been wanting to visit for the longest time. A few people hinted that I shouldn’t bother but I’m glad I didn’t listen to them. The energy and vibrancy of this city was so inspiring. Despite falling on hard times after Hurricane Katrina, everyone seems to be in good spirits. There’s so much to do that our stay was definitely not enough. We got to taste delicious Southern food-shrimp and grits at Lüke, beignets & cafe au lait at Cafe Du Monde, chargrilled oysters & fried soft shell crabs at ACME Oyster Company, we learned about the history of the city by visiting plantations and of course, enjoyed the nature when we went on a Swamp tour & explored the Barataria Preserve. Want to see more? Click THIS.
3.) Monument Valley, Utah (October, 2015)
- I’ve been wanting to visit Monument Valley ever since I saw photos of it in Instagram. But it wasn’t till I saw it in person, I realized how stunning it really was. I fell in love with Utah long before I visited the Southeast part of it-taking a few road trips to Zion. What sealed the deal is my recent road trip to Moab including this beautiful landmark located in the border of Utah and Arizona. The highlight of it? Riding a horse on the edge of a cliff, overlooking the vast canyon below. It reminded me of the Western movies my Grandpa used to watch when I was young. He was very fond of John Ford and his movies. I’m sure with this photo, my Grandpa is looking down on me, grinning from ear to ear. 🙂
2.) Universal Studios, Florida (March, 2015)
- I’m sure you guys are wondering why this is way up here in the list. Well, let me tell you why. It’s no secret (despite being in my late twenties) that I’m still a big fan of Harry Potter. It reminds me of my childhood and makes me yearn for simpler times. When James told me that we were going on a road trip to Florida to see my mom and spend two days in Universal Studios Orlando, I was beyond ecstatic. You see, my love for Harry Potter is unparalleled. Twilight and Hunger Games got nothing on the real OG’s. I have read all 7 books-several times and also, I randomly do movie marathons a few times each month just cause I feel like it. I’m not even ashamed to say it (or should I be?).
1.) Kauai, Hawaii (June, 2015)
- I love hiking and being surrounded by mountains but most days my heart calls for the ocean. Ever since I watched 50 First Dates twelve years ago, I’ve been dreaming of visiting Hawaii. So when my husband and I decided to go somewhere tropical for our 1 year wedding anniversary, we just had to go to Hawaii. Oahu was our destination at first but I’m glad we went to Kauai instead. What a dream! 2 weeks wasn’t nearly enough! The best part of it all was experiencing this paradise with my husband. I enjoyed it so much that I think I even shed a tear as we boarded our plane to Vegas. I love you Kauai, I really do!
How about you? What’s your most unforgettable destination of 2015?
Let me know in the comment section below! 🙂