Gift Ideas for the Roadtripper in your life
Tis’ the season for gift giving! We all have at least one person in our life that loves to spend their time on the road or as I like to call it, the Roadtripper. You want to give him/her the best Christmas gift but you don’t know where to start. Well, fret not. I’ve got you covered! Here are some of the things that I’m quite sure they will be needing on their next road trip. Trust me, I’m a Roadtripper myself. 🙂
- Road trip=Gas. As simple as that. I know it’s not ideal to give a Gas Card as a Christmas gift but let me assure you that they will appreciate it knowing that you got their gas covered on their next trip.
Satellite Radio or Audiobooks
- I personally don’t have a Satellite Radio subscription but I had the privilege of experiencing it on some of our road trips (thanks rental car company). And I must say, it really helped pass the time especially on those looooong 12-hour drives. It’s not just great for music, they also have live sports coverage for the sports fans and other entertainment channels. Another one of my favorite Road trip must have are Audiobooks. This can be a bit tricky because I know for a fact that if you’re the driver, you would totally enjoy this. Not so much if you’re the passenger. Nevertheless, it’s still a great gift! Just make sure you get an interesting book. Some of my favorites are: The Happiness Project, The Girl on the Train and Where’d you go Bernadette.
National Parks Pass
- Every Roadtripper I know loves National Parks. This is ideal for them because not only will you help them save money, you’re also encouraging them to enjoy the great outdoors! You can buy the National Parks Pass for only $80. It’s good for a whole year and can be used in more than 2,000 federal recreation sites. We use ours all the time! LINK
Emergency Road Assistance Kit
- This is the most practical gift in this list. Never mind that the package looks ugly. It’s what’s inside that counts! You never know when they would need road side assistance.
Spotify Premium Membership
- Spotify is amazing! I’ve been subscribed to Spotify Premium for 3 years now and I love it. The best part about the subscription is that they can create a playlist of their favorite songs, download & save it offline and have it playing uninterrupted (no ads!) in the car, no phone service needed. They have millions of songs to choose from!
- When your friend or family member is on a Road trip, I’m sure they’re always looking at their phone for directions. So why not get a device that allows them to access their phone, hands-free! This is one of my must haves whenever I drive. It is literally a lifesaver! This is great not just on road trips but also for everyday driving. It’s a convenient way to see the directions without looking down or having to take your hands of the steering wheel.
- I’m sure we all have experienced sleeping in the car. It’s not easy and definitely not comfortable! Your favorite roadtripper will thank you endlessly especially if you get him/her this portable, top quality, memory foam neck pillow. It even comes with a sleep mask and ear plugs as a bonus!
- A common trend among Roadtrippers is worrying about how to charge their gadgets. I like this one especially because it fits right into the cup holder. They can charge their phones, cameras and even their laptops! It’s the perfect gift for the digital nomad in your life.
- How else are they going to capture the beautiful landscapes during their trip? This Sony Nex camera delivers great image quality as good as a DSLR but lighter! It’s a great alternative for the DSLR that produces high quality images but can be difficult to lug around.
- Nowadays, we all rely heavily on our smartphones. But one thing us Roadtripper’s can all agree on, is that cell service is not dependable. This is the essential, too-often-forgotten, necessity for Roadtripper’s that are always on the lookout for off the beaten path destinations.