One day, my husband came home with a book filled with quotes and inspirational messages. I’ve been eyeing it for quite sometime now but never really had the chance to buy it or I thought it was too expensive to get. I’m not sure what was the reason but it’s between those two. So when he came home with it, I was very surprised and I thought it was really sweet of him to remember. You know how sometimes, you get mad at your husband or other half because you feel like he doesn’t listen to you but then he ends up surprising you, and you feel like a complete schmuck. Yep, that’s how I felt.
Anyway, so it’s been a few months and I haven’t really opened it. It’s been sitting in our bookshelf, waiting to be read. And so earlier this morning, that’s exactly what I did.
Here are some of my faves:
1. Happiness is not found in things you possess, but in what you have the courage to release.
2. Hold up your head! You were not made for failure, You were made for victory. Go forward with joyful confidence.
3. There are no impossible obstacles; there are just stronger and weaker wills..
4. Believe there is great power silently working all things for good, behave yourself and never mind the rest.
5. Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood.
6. I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.
7. There is a sacredness in tears. They are not a mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition and of unspeakable love.
8. Whatever you are, be a good one.
9. It is not the length of life, but the depth of life.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
10. True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence on the future, not to amuse ourselves with either hopes or fears but to rest satisfied with what we have, which is sufficient, for he that is so wants nothing. The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.
I hope you guys find it inspirational. 🙂